Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust on GS 450

Hello everyone
    I have a question about my exhaust. I want to put a new system on my 450 and I saw a 2 into 1 made by MAC. I was wondering if anyone has installed this system. If so do I have to change the jetting on my carbs, and how about the sound? I also have a set of engine guards on my bike will they pose a problem? Or would my best bet be to replace with the stock exhaust pipes one on each side. ALL comments,opinions,and sugestions are welcome.

THANKS Jae

Here are some pics of my 450..... You can see the "custom" exhaust on mine. I'd love a nice 2-1 myself but there are many things that I need to do first.

(BTW, I did NOT do that to the exhaust)

Comment

Hey Brent

This is my first bike. It looks a little different than your although it to is a1980 modle. It is a L model, it has taller handlebars and a sissy bar on the back. I have repainted it blue and polished some of the aluminum on it. I will try to get some before and after pictures on this site when I get done restoring it. I have had a blast just doing that, but I can hardly wait for the weather to turn so I can get out on the road again. Is your bike all stock (except for your pipes)?

Thanks for the reply Jae

Comment

As far as I can tell most of the stuff not replaced after it being laid down is all stock. I am assuming the pipes were changed after a drop. I am thinking this bike had a rough life before I got ahold of it. I just put a GS550 front brake reservoir on it. The plastic one it came with rotted away.

There is a 450L in a yard near the house whose exhaust I am eyeing at this time. Just don't see paying $75 for used pipes.....

Comment

Working...
        X