Online source for gaskets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online source for gaskets?

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good online source for gaskets. Specifically, I need a clutch cover gasket for my 850. and most places, like Dennis Kirk, seem to require that I buy a complete engine gasket set. My gasket is ripped, with a chunk out of it. I tried the silicone stuff, but it works really crummy in 40 degree weather. Any help appreciated.

Individual gaskets require a trip to your dealer

Comment

I was afraid that might be the case. My nearest dealer opened his doors last summer, and still doesn't have a parts dept. (you would think that would be a requirement)

Comment

FYI suzuki # clutch cover Gasket # 11482-45100
        Vesrah # VL-3007 pk of 2 or under article # 16-5840

Comment

Doh. Okay, I get the part numbers, but article..?...where?...

Comment

You can call Paul Miller@ 860-828-1220 or email @ vintagesuzuki@attbi.com
            He doesn't have a website but he does have an immense supply of Suzuki NOS parts. I recently bought gaskets,mirrors and an side plate for the GT and he was very reasonable and they are ALL Suzuki parts. YEAH :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Bikebandit.com has that very gasket(and more I assume) individually. I bought one a few months ago when I replaced my clutch plates. Was about 8 bucks I believe, stock Suzuki part.

Chris
              '82 850G

Comment

Now that you have the part number (the Suzuki #) check www.ronayers.com. They generally beat BikeBandit on prices.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips everybody. This sure is a helpfull forum. I thought I could get away with removing the old gasket, cleaning up the mating surfaces, and using permatex ultra copper silicone. No go. Still had slight oil weeping at bottom of cover. Live and learn. Thanks again.

Comment

Gary you might also want to check out this guy http://www.cyclewareables.com/ he has much cheaper prices on most things then bikebandit does, don't know about ronayers I haven't compared them yet. This guy is pretty good to deal with too, though sometimes slow in shipping, and he does have a toll free phone.

Comment

Working...
                    X