carb kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb kit

i just pulled the carbs of my 81 850 and i wana go ahead and rebuild them.. anyone know a really good reliable site to buy the kit?

also , when i took my air box off, the carb. basicaly fell off the head..
    is that normal?????? seems messed up to me!

All the carb kits are pure junk -- get a set of o-rings and a set of float bowl gaskets and clean and re-use everything else.

You've seen the carb rebuild series, right? Step by step on your exact carbs:

The o-rings:

The float bowl gaskets are available from several sources, including:
    CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

Your intake boots have likely fallen apart, which would explain why the carbs fell off. Here's more info on that:
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      All the carb kits are pure junk -- get a set of o-rings and a set of float bowl gaskets and clean and re-use everything else.
      Amen! (You may not even need the float bowl gaskets if you are careful taking them off!) I've never replaced mine and never had one leak.
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

You've seen the carb rebuild series, right? Step by step on your exact carbs:

The o-rings:

The float bowl gaskets are available from several sources, including:

Your intake boots have likely fallen apart, which would explain why the carbs fell off. Here's more info on that:
        http://bwringer.com/gs/intakeorings.html
        wow this looks like a real money saver!!! thanx

Comment

Working...
        X