Smaller diameter front/rear wheel for '81 GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller diameter front/rear wheel for '81 GS750E

I tried a search and know that others have tried smaller wheels on the front of these bikes. I would like to go to a 17" wheel on the front and possibly rear to take advantage of the better tire selection and quicker steering.

My question: Are there 17" stock Suzuki wheels/brakes that will bolt on without modifications to brake calipers/mounts/speedometer drive etc?

no

Comment

Usually what guys have done is to swap in GSXR front and rear ends. I have not done this so I don't know the particulars, but if you check the back posts and look in the gallery you'll find the information you need. Or, you could be lazy like me and post the question.
      Steve

Comment

Generally the 17" tire is wider than stocker, which is why the complete front end needs to be changed, same with the rear

Comment

What about an 18" front wheel then?

Comment

I'm not too sure on the front as I'm running the 19", but the rear is easy just find an 1100 rim and the rear is taken care of. Unless you can find a Dymag or old Lester wheel in 18" you're into front end swapping. Some of the guys have done swaps from other bike models so they're the ones to talk to. Good hunting.

Comment

Working...
            X