Carb synch/cool pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb synch/cool pipes

I have read so much about how important it is to synch your carbs and I've also seen so many posts about cool pipes where the carb didn't seem to be engaging.....believe the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had that problem with #4 and, even though my bike ran well, I went ahead and ordered the Morgan Carbtunes. Once I used them, I realized that even though I thought my bike ran great....it was capable of so much more. I know many people said it but the difference was truly amazing.

It idles better, gets better gas mileage, warms up quicker, runs smoother....and on and on. I don't think this bike ran better the day it came off of the show room....in fact, I'll bet it didn't run as well.

Remember how Sledgehammer slept with his gun under his pillow???? I sleep with my Morgan Carbtune under my pillow....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:-D

My thanks to Earl, chef1366,Steve, Denydog and Jethro and the other "smarty britches" that advised me. It was a wonderful investment...that I should have made earlier!!
    Last edited by chuckycheese; 04-05-2007, 01:15 PM.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

What where your readings on the carbtune.Did you set the outside carbs a little higher than the inside?I just bought mine and will be doing a sync saturday.Also did you use a auxillary fuel tank?What did you set the idle at and what bike do you have?

Comment

Morgan

Good questions! It makes no difference where your readings are on the scale...only where they are relative to each other. I set #1 and #4 exactly the same and #2 and #3 the same as each other but slightly lower. As you know, #3 isn't adjustable but all will fluctuate based on the settings of the others.

As Earl advised, start by tuning the one that's furthest out of whack and slowly go from there. It was frustrating at first but make very small adjustments and it won't take long to get it right.

I used my regular gas tank. I set it up next to the bike with an extra length of fuel line connected by a 5/16 X 5/16 connector (which you can buy at any auto parts store for a couple of bucks). Good luck!!:-D

Comment

And where do i get one of these devices.....since this is what i was going to go with

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Website

They have a great website at carbtune.com. They come from Belfast, Northern Ireland but buying it and getting it is a breeeeeeeze. I received mine in about a week and the other guys reported about the same thing.

There's no duty and no currency exchange that you need to be involved with (as long as you have a credit card) and shipping is a flat rate. Take a look at the website and you'll understand, I'm sure.\\/

Comment

Working...
          X