Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750ES Ignition woes.

Hi folks,

I know, what a cheek 2nd post and I'm tapping you for some help.

I have established that the ignition pick-ups on my 750 are faulty and am in need of a decent replacement. I have been in touch with Dynatek who were very helpfull and advised me on the possibility of modifying a Dyna 2000 system, but this bike is a budget run about so the cost of the 2000 system is out.

Sympton of the bike, is unstable tick over, cuts out when it feels like it.
    All other potential causes have been eliminated, carbs are good, set up correctly, coils good, electrics good. One pick up triggers before the rotor gets anywhere near it.

Could you offer any alternative solutions apart from a replacement Suzuki item?

Thanks in advance.

Quasi.:-D

I will guess that the UK 750ES is 1983 or later and came from the factory with an electronic ignition and electronic advance. Meaning, it does not have a mechanical counterweight advance assembly and that is the reason Dyna suggested the Dyna2000 model which also has an internal advance.
    I had the same problem with my 85 1150E. I installed a mechanical advance assembly from a GS850. Its a drop in install and super simple, no modifications required to anything. Any mechanical advance from a 750 GS through and 1100GS will fit and work fine. I dont know about fitment from smaller displacement models as I never tried any. Probably is my best guess. NOw, once you have the mechanical advance, you can use a much cheaper Dyna S. On my 1150, the only change I had to make was because the stock ignition case cover was too shallow to sit down over the Dyna assembly. You could make a ring spacer to fit between your cover and engine case, or as I did, install a cover from an 83 1100, which is a deeper cover that allows plenty of internal clearance. Bolt pattern was the same.

E.

Originally posted by Quasi View Post
    Hi folks,

I know, what a cheek 2nd post and I'm tapping you for some help.

I have established that the ignition pick-ups on my 750 are faulty and am in need of a decent replacement. I have been in touch with Dynatek who were very helpfull and advised me on the possibility of modifying a Dyna 2000 system, but this bike is a budget run about so the cost of the 2000 system is out.

Sympton of the bike, is unstable tick over, cuts out when it feels like it.
    All other potential causes have been eliminated, carbs are good, set up correctly, coils good, electrics good. One pick up triggers before the rotor gets anywhere near it.

Could you offer any alternative solutions apart from a replacement Suzuki item?

Thanks in advance.

Quasi.:-D
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

That is the crank triggers and breaker plate. Usually, if there is an ignition fault, it is the module the goes bad. The module is a black box usually mounted under the right or left side cover at the rear of the seat. I've never had a crank trigger go bad. Also, not all crank triggers will work with all control modules, so you have to know exactly what you have on your bike.
      to be sure of what bike the ebay item will work with, you will need to know the part numbers on the item and then reference them in a suzuki parts fische. Most ebay sellers do not have a clue about applications for the items they sell. They just guess with something that sounds good most of the time. Notice, the seller says no returns.

E.

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Try this out.......They have a kit with coils or without....Just email them about the pick ups...They can help...they got my friends,,,,

hope that helps
        Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the reply fellas, foodfor thought.

Quasi.

Comment

Working...
          X