Turn Signal Signal Filament socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Signal Filament socket

Last year I put on LED turn signals and decided this year I didn't like them anymore. I decided to modify the old turn signals by cutting down the metal shaft and making the round signal light flush with the body. Actually looks good. What I need to know is where to find new single filament bayonet sockets. One is is so rusty the buld won't come out and the other is missing from when I took the signals apart before winter. I've tried radioshack, bike bandit and the local car store. Anyone know where online I can buy just the socket? I just don't want to find another similar turn signal and cut it out since thats a waste of money and materials and time. Thanks much.

Ash
    1980 GS 450L
    Clubman bars, wider rear tire, chrome gauges

Try another auto store. Around here I have seen similar items at Auto Zone, Pep Boys, NAPA, and Advance Auto Parts. They usually have a bunch of miscellaneous parts near the light bulbs, so you may have to look just a bit to find what you want.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

What do you need? I may have some spare parts from two signals for my 1100 that may help you out. Pics would also help to ensure that they'll work.

Let me know. I may also be able to include the bulbs.

Brad bt

Comment

Socket picture

I didn't have time to snap a pic but I used my master ms paint skills. It's the socket inside the turn signal. I need two new ones with the small screws that hold them in. This isn't the one I need. The one I am looking for only has one wire because it's grounded to the frame. Hopefully in two weeks the weather will be good enough for me to take it out and finish cleaning it out. I'm in MN and it's actually suppose to snow today. Crazy. I haven't tried other auto stores or fleet farm yet as I don't have time yet. Thanks.

Comment

Here's a couple pics.

Let me know if this is the same as what you need. Tearing the signal down to individual pieces is an easy task, and all I need is the stem.

Brad bt

Comment

Nope. Those are different then mine. On a good note I did find some that should work. Thanks for all the help mates.

Comment

Working...
            X