Can't get bike out of trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get bike out of trailer

I picked up a Katana yesterday and it won't back down off the trailer. Bikes in neutral and it's gonna rain soon. Any ideas?

I've tried starting it, warming it up some and putting in gear and rolling forward but no dice. I go 3/4 of a revolution and it's like there's a chock under the tire. It won't budge.

More info? It sounds like the brakes locked on. Will it ride forward?

Comment

Even with the clutch, this happening? Check your rear/front brakes, see if either one is tying up. Next choice just to expedite, disconnect the drive to the rear wheel, then you'll be able to back it off the trailer. Good Luck!!!:-D

Comment

Cut the front wall out of the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
          More info? It sounds like the brakes locked on. Will it ride forward?
          No not brakes that's what I thought first. It'll move fwd and back but it hits the one spot and won't budge. Bout that time the check oil light comes on too. Not sure how they're related tho.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
            Even with the clutch, this happening? Check your rear/front brakes, see if either one is tying up. Next choice just to expedite, disconnect the drive to the rear wheel, then you'll be able to back it off the trailer. Good Luck!!!:-D
            At this point, I may have to. It's not moving. I've got to figure something with the clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightRider View Post
              Cut the front wall out of the trailer
              Then I'd owe uhaul a new trailer too.:shock:

Comment

Pick up the back end and roll it down?

Center stand it and check for rotation.

All straps are off, right? Just saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                  Pick up the back end and roll it down?

Center stand it and check for rotation.

All straps are off, right? Just saying....

At this point that looks like the only way since the bike has no center stand. I knew someone would ask about the straps. <lol>:-D Da$n, this is really ticking me off. I tried putting in gear and holding the rear brake and giving it some throttle thinking it was the clutch but it hasn't budged.

Comment

this is going to be one of those "oops" moments isn't it?

Comment

Are you SURE it's in neutral or maybe a false neutral.If you can't rock it have somebody try picking up on the back tire and turning it.Maybe you can see what's happening then.

Comment

Originally posted by lord1234 View Post
                        this is going to be one of those "oops" moments isn't it?
                        Only if he's lucky

Comment

Rolled onto the trailer fine?

So it rolls forward but not backward? You must have had to roll it ONTO the trailer.
                          Just for a funny in this not so funny time for you. Friend of mine had a "tire locked up" couldn't move it more than 3/4 of a turn no matter what.
                          Turned out that he had bought one of those wheel locks so that it wouldn't get stolen and installed it just the day prior and forgot that it was on there. It wasn't a big lock so it wasn't like staring you in the face.
                          4 and a half hours later when he tried to spin the wheel on the stand he saw it.....funny as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket GS1100 View Post
                            So it rolls forward but not backward? You must have had to roll it ONTO the trailer.
                            Just for a funny in this not so funny time for you. Friend of mine had a "tire locked up" couldn't move it more than 3/4 of a turn no matter what.
                            Turned out that he had bought one of those wheel locks so that it wouldn't get stolen and installed it just the day prior and forgot that it was on there. It wasn't a big lock so it wasn't like staring you in the face.
                            4 and a half hours later when he tried to spin the wheel on the stand he saw it.....funny as hell.
                            I should be so lucky. This time..I don't think so. Yeah, rolls forward (till it hits the front of trailer ) and then about 3/4 way around backwards. I remember the guy putting it in gear before I pulled out, didn't think much of it. Could it have snapped a gear tooth? (I am getting closer to that "oops" moment)

Comment

if it has a clip master link on the chain just pop it off, .... myself, I would never be so lucky as to have it that easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X