No announcement yet.

Can't get bike out of trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure the little green neutral light is on?
    And are you saying the oil light comes on when the engine is running?

Comment

hmmm, binds backing up but not forward, ... my brothers bike did that when his sprockets and chain were severely worn, could be you have a sprocket "With sharp pointy teeth"

Comment

You are sure you have not one of those disc brake locks installed on your front disc? They would allow that 3/4 turn of the wheel.

Comment

I would suggest finding out which wheel is causing the lockup. I would bring a floor jack in and jack up the center of the bike (emulating a center stand). Then try rotating the rear tire (I also suspect a binding chain). If that is the issue, and it does not have a master link, I would grind down one of the links with a Dremel tool and remove the chain (this will require a hammer and a punch).
          If it is not the rear wheel, then check the front the same way.
          Best of luck, I know this is not fun.

Comment

My neighbor helped me drag it off the trailer. Where we could take a closer look. Can you believe there was a philips head screw lodged between two links? I rode the bike yesterday...where they heck that came from I have no idea. He popped it out and it's fine. Whew!:-D

I now have some hunting to do to find out if it came from within. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearson View Post
              My neighbor helped me drag it off the trailer. Where we could take a closer look. Can you believe there was a philips head screw lodged between two links? I rode the bike yesterday...where they heck that came from I have no idea. He popped it out and it's fine. Whew!:-D

I now have some hunting to do to find out if it came from within. Thanks for the help guys.
              WOW...I'd never get that lucky!! :shock: If it were me, there would be a broken connecting rod that was hitting the skirt as the clutch wouldn't disingage from a combination of broken springs and frozen plates. Both tires would have gone flat and I'd have to ask the wife for help, all the while having to listen to a relentless chorus of I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                WOW...I'd never get that lucky!! :shock: If it were me, there would be a broken connecting rod that was hitting the skirt as the clutch wouldn't disingage from a combination of broken springs and frozen plates. Both tires would have gone flat and I'd have to ask the wife for help, all the while having to listen to a relentless chorus of I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
                I've heard that chorus before, along with a stony German stare, not silent all night (which would have been a relief), but giving me pointers on how to avoid that kind of problems in the future.............

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                  I've heard that chorus before, along with a stony German stare, not silent all night (which would have been a relief), but giving me pointers on how to avoid that kind of problems in the future.............
                  Yep...they must be related. :-D

Comment

Enjoying married life are we fellas?

My better half would keep giving me words of encouragement and then ask if I wanted a cup of coffee. When she got back with the coffee (and a piece of cake), she would ask if I needed a hand with anything. If not, she'd leave me be and go about whatever she was doing. Not that I'm gloating or anything. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
                      Enjoying married life are we fellas?

My better half would keep giving me words of encouragement and then ask if I wanted a cup of coffee. When she got back with the coffee (and a piece of cake), she would ask if I needed a hand with anything. If not, she'd leave me be and go about whatever she was doing. Not that I'm gloating or anything. LOL
                      Our wives must've gone to the same school.:-D

Glad it worked out Pearson.

Comment

Yeah, she's an angel. 'Like attracts like' is the saying. LMAO

Comment

Wow!

Sounds like a good anti theft devise. Im gonna get me one of those phillips head screws so that my scoot stays home when Im not riding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket GS1100 View Post
                            Sounds like a good anti theft devise. Im gonna get me one of those phillips head screws so that my scoot stays home when Im not riding it.
                            Primitive but effective. :-P
                            Springfield eh? See you there in July. Isn't it every Thursday evening the bikes gather somewhere downtown? I'll definitely be there for that.

Comment

Great thread! Glad it was something unrelated to the bike. (I'm just assuming that the screw just fell into the chain. I can't imagine it coming off the bike) Do you have pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X