Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the backyard pro method......BFH.

In my case, a 2 1/2 pound club hammer.

A spray of silicone, careful alignment, a 3x1 inch board held flat across the faces of the carbs. Strike carefully, but firmly, and be sure the hammer stops there. No bounce-back.

It works, and saves a LOT of frustration.

Not recommended for everyone, because most people know little about proper use of a hammer. In this case, it helps a lot if you actually DO know how to use a hammer, and a lighter one is of no use and might cause damage.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by Cooked View Post
      My latest attempt failed... (warm up and silcone spray). I will say I have to wonder about having a second set of hands (as noted here)... My son is two... wonder if he would able to help soon?

I'm still wondering if a slight stretch would help... although I have no idea what could be used... or if this would cause unwanted leaks in the future.

With the latest round of posts... I am getting a warm fuzzy feeling about my carb reinstall... lol

The good news is that I know it can be done...

Thanks again everyone. I will try again soon...

~ Russ
      I can take my carbs off and on in less than 15 minutesIt's easy! First When sitting on the bike make sure your airbox is all the way on the filter housing and clamp loose.Turn carbs facing up on the engine side and place just above the intake boots.Slide them over the intake boots along the top.you will be bending the top of the boots slightly to do this. When you get them aligned with the boots they will be sitting on top of the boot ready to go in.Now put your throttle cable on.Then push the carbs back into the airbox boots while turning the carbs downward and paying close attention to the middle ones.Once you get the carb throats into the airbox boots push back on the carbs and down till they are in line with the intake boots and barely put them in the intake boots.Now tighten up the air box boots clamps.Next push the carbs into the intake boots till they "pop" in.Now tighten up the intake clamps and then the large clamp on the back of the airbox.Put your choke cable back on,then hook up your tank and your done.The key is starting with the carbs slightly facing upwards at an angle towards where the tank would be.If you go slow you can finesse them in there with no problem.Be patient and you will get it done.

Comment

Working...
      X