Bought the Dyna S. Now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the Dyna S. Now what

Got my dyna s and the instructions are hazy to me. I am assuming that the dyna rotor is the single black unit, I am told to put it in with the 1-4 side up, well I can't find any markings on anything ( step 6). Step 7 references the advance/rotor assembly I am assuming that this is the plate with the black units on it. This unit cautions about the pin engaging the pin hole on the crankshaft, don't see any pins on anything either.

I know that a lot of people have done this, if you can help, either post or pm me with your phone number (US ONLY) so I can get everything clear.

I also have questions on timing the unit, any help would be appreciated.

What year is your bike? Does it have a mechanical advance?

Comment

Before you take it apart crank the motor to TDC. the 1-4 refers to the timing marking on the advance weights The pin refers to the pin on the crankshaft that aligns with the advance unit notch-will not see it until you remove the advance mech.

Comment

The bike is a 79 gs 1000 and it does have a mechanical advancer, I had it out once before for another project. I think my Haynes manual refers to this unit as the ATU? Automatic timing unit?

Comment

I HAVE A 79 gS 1000. Haven't gotten a lot of responses from the ether, but I do notice that the first couple of pages fill up pretty fast and a lot of people don't go too far into the stack, I rarely go any farther than 4 or 5 pages myself.

Really would like to do this myself, could use a couple of pictures of what all the parts look like in reference to the nomenclature in the instructions.

Hitting the road for a couple of days to earn my pays. I can get this work done for about $65.00 but would like to be able to make an intelligent decision or take a shot at the install myself.

Thanx

Comment

Working...
          X