gs450 gaskets - the impossible search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs450 gaskets - the impossible search

First off, I used the search feature and spent the better half of my workday yesterday looking at all the links people recommended for gaskets. Of all the sites I dug around in, I couldn't find a single one with upper end gaskets for a 1982 gs450L. (partsnmore.com has a gasket kit, but it's out of stock).

I'm desperate! My other half wants me to sell the bike and get something that has "easier parts to find." I refuse to give up hope though, I love this bike!

Has anyone found a place that has these parts for this bike?

Have you tried Bikebandit or Alphasports?
    Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

ive seen gasket sets for the 450 on ebay every now and again
      ive wondered if there are any other gaskets in the gs series that would fit
      aswell as interchangable parts

good luck in finding a set
      hope your not forced to sell it

Comment

Originally posted by boris View Post
        ive seen gasket sets for the 450 on ebay every now and again
        ive wondered if there are any other gaskets in the gs series that would fit
        aswell as interchangable parts

good luck in finding a set
        hope your not forced to sell it

Being only a 2 cyl, not many.... Tho some of the GS500 stuff can cross over.

Comment

I have checked out Bike Bandit. They have some of the gaskets needed, but some are discontinued.

I checked out a lot of microfiche to see about interchangable parts from other gs series, but as a 2 cyl. it does make it difficult. ](*,)

I've been checking ebay regularily for awhile now...lots of gaskets kits for suzuki RMs!

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to keep up the search. I'm not selling this bike! (I have to prove him wrong now!) :-D

Comment

I just did a search for Vesrah Gasket gs450 on google and came up with this immediately

There are 44 links that showed up, others seem promising as well.

EDIT: The vesrah gasket set shows up in the Parts unlimited site as well

nearly any motorcycle shop should be able to order it in from them.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Always remember - GOOGLE is your friend!

found one on ebay as well

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
                Being only a 2 cyl, not many.... Tho some of the GS500 stuff can cross over.
                what about the earlier stuff like the 250 400 425 ?
                i thought the 450 was basicly a worked on upgraded 250 engine

Comment

JHawkins...thanks! I did search google and ebay, maybe my phrasing of the part needed wasn't exactly right.

Question though...the gasket kits on the first two links is for a gs450 E/S/T. Mine is the LZ. Would they be compatible? Anyone know?

Also, the kit on ebay is for an '83-'88. Mine is an '82.

I'll do some more research on the microfiches.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Comment

EDIT: OK, their darn site is a pain to link to, I had put several links on and none worked.

So Lets try this

Vesrah is a Japanese company based in Tokyo Japan. We have been supplying parts for aftermarket motorcycles and other power sports equipment worldwide for more than seventy years.

Go there, under products tab select gasket sets.

at that page select the "Gasket application" button

it will then take you to a search page, select suzuki and put GS as the model and do a search

This will list all their gasket sets and you should be able to figure out what you need from there.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2007, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHawkins View Post
                      I just did a search for Vesrah Gasket gs450 on google and came up with this immediately

There are 44 links that showed up, others seem promising as well.

EDIT: The vesrah gasket set shows up in the Parts unlimited site as well

nearly any motorcycle shop should be able to order it in from them.

Ebay has a 1100 L up for sale. Last time I looked it was at $99 From what I could see it needed some parts but was mostly there.
                      V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

JHawkins....THANK YOU!

Vesrah has the exact one I need. Yay! I don't have to sell her!

Comment

No problem, hard to find that Vesrah part# online though, I did find an athena set at OldBikeBarn

Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!

Others have had issues with OBB I believe, just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                            Ebay has a 1100 L up for sale. Last time I looked it was at $99 From what I could see it needed some parts but was mostly there.
                            V
                            thanks, I may take a look at that!

Comment

Google "Sudco", they have a good price on the Vesrah gasket kit you need. Good people to deal with also.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X