gr650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gr650

I'm looking at a friend's bike which is a gr650. 2 carbs. when it starts it pours gas out of the airbox overflow tubes. It was running fine a few days ago. we took the carbs off and the the float valves and the rest of the carbs. when we put it back together same thing. where should I go from here?

Check the petcock?

Make sure the floats aren't sticking.

Comment

re

when I took the carbs apart I made sure that the float valves were not sticking

Comment

re

somebody has to have some idea. how could this problem be an isolated incident?

Comment

You have two problems. There are two shut offs built into the fuel system.
          When the engine is not running there is no vacuum present so the diaphram in the petcock closes the petcock, stopping fuel flow. If the overflow tubes on the float bowls are pouring gas, then the only way that can happen is if the petcock is faulty AND*** if the float bowl needle seat "O" rings are faulty, gas will come out the float bowl overflow tubes. If the float needle seat "O" rings are in good condition, gas cannot overflow the bowls because flow is stopped when the floats rise. You need to replace the petcock and replace the float needle "O" rings.

Earl

Originally posted by i57chevy View Post
          when I took the carbs apart I made sure that the float valves were not sticking
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X