No announcement yet.

Newbie GS700ES, carb issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a week. Finals coming up and such. By way of an update, I did get the carbs back into the bike, and after hunting down a mystery fuel leak that turned out to be a little hole in the fuel line near the carbs, I got the bike back up and running. The idle is still a little weird, I'm constantly playing with the idle adjuster, but midrange and top end is noticably better without the gunk in the carbs. The PO had the idle mixture screws out something like 3-4 turns. They're at about 2 now, and I seem to be running on all cylinders consistently and not fouling plugs. I did bench sync the carbs, but would them being out a bit still maybe make it so I can't find a sweet spot where the bike idles right? It seems that if i just crack the throttle, the idle is ok, but if i try to set the screw there, the idle fluctuates.

Anyway, I have to say wow! I didn't know the old girl was as powerful as she is. Took her out for a little country cruise today, and got passed by a gsxr like I was standing still (I was doing about 60). Out of curiosity, I played a little catch-up, just to see how fast he was going, and I was doing 90 before I thought about looking at the speedo. Very smooth power in the top end. I'm really impressed with this bike! Once I get the lower ranges where they should be, I think I'm gonna be very happy.

Comment

Working...
    X