No announcement yet.

custom intake boots and new gas tank questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its from a cx500 lol, it actualy doesnt fit, pretty much like most of the things i put on my bike lol, had to dent in the tank in the front for the forks to fit nice, made some custom handle bars, made rear taillight mount and tail secttion mount, welded all the mounts onto the frame, everything is starting to come together thoguh . honda tank, seca seat, gs750 tail, lots of custom parts hehe. next up will be exhaust, turn signals, some flat black and hopefully some riding ! lol, (sorry for low quality pic, took it with phone before bed)

Comment

very cool!
      yeah i went flat black on mine ! i love it

are you any good at at making body peices from scratch?
      im looking for someone with tools to make some dimond plate or polished aluminum side covers for my bike.

i could do it myself , but about 2 years ago i got 7 grand worth of tools stolen from me so i wont be doing much custom work on my own for a long time.
      i miss my tools!!!

ill post a few pics ... id get rid my big ol seat and bar if i could , but im married and wife loves it lol
      Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2007, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Comment

well, i havent really tried anything like that yet, i have really been using stock body peices, cutting them up,t then welding the mounts onto the bike to hold them hehe. one thing i dont think a lot of people think about is taking plastic 55 gallon barrols and cutting them up, you can heat it up and bend it, it holds its shape, and you can sand it down to have a nice smooth finish, not to mention its pretty much indestructable, i plan to make some side peices this afternoon out of that stuff for mine :P. gotta love the flat black !!!!

Comment

I love your 'can-do' attitude! If everyone just 'left it alone," what fun would it be to have this forum? Yeah, just sell it because you don't like the shape of the tank. Or the color...maybe because it's out of gas. Throw away your wrenches, man! You're just going to upset the natural balance of things. Go, dude! Post more pictures, too! I like your style!

Comment

Holy Jerry riggin

That is the most budget thing I think ever saw. If money was that tight for me or that cheap whatever the case may be, I think I would take up another hobby. Not trying to be rude at all, just an opinion thats all. We are all intitled to one. Definately will be a "CUSTOM" bike. Have fun dude.

Comment

I welded a peice of aluminum pipe to an intake to make a mount for a carb on a different bike. it worked well, you could do such a thing, but you have to watch the length.

Comment

lol, ok, well, its worked over 1,500 miles so far its actualy got a slight boost performance wise because in the end its got a slightly larger intake it works perfect and and cost me about 3$ thats all that matters in the end right ?

Comment

Working...
                  X