No announcement yet.

gs1150e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I spoke too soon Karl. The tach is now pretty much useless on the 1150. I will be going to the electronics supply store tomorrow to buy the capacitors you recommended. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by kz
    Earl,

Glad to here it was an easy fix to your tacho.

BTW:

My tacho is still working after the capacitor change
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Earl I will be interested to know where you find your parts...you know just in case I go through this. I have noticed one of my tachs is a little lazy...probably same thing as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
        Earl I will be interested to know where you find your parts...you know just in case I go through this. I have noticed one of my tachs is a little lazy...probably same thing as yours.
        Me too but I think my tach notices Im a little lazy also

Comment

Well Skip, my tach isnt lazy. According to the display things must be really humming because the engine idles at about 9500 rpm. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by skip[

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
            Well Skip, my tach isnt lazy. According to the display things must be really humming because the engine idles at about 9500 rpm. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by skip[
            I spent all that money to get mine to make big power at 9500 and your bike begins there? I knew you got a good deal but thats crazy!

Comment

those 9500 launches must have turned your hair gray huh? ( at least you have hair)

Comment

Skip wrote:

those 9500 launches must have turned your hair gray huh? ( at least you have hair)

thats just it skip, it turned Earl's gray... YOU however just outran yours!!!! :twisted: 8O 8O 8)

Comment

I found the 4.7 capacitor at Radio Shack. Its a standard stocked item.
                  The 33 farad however was not even in the catalog. I went to a local mom and pop electronics repair shop (they work primarily on computers) and the guy had a drawer full of them. Apparently, it is commonly used in computers. The capacitors cost me $1 each.

Earl

Comment

Working...
                  X