why no headlight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why no headlight??

The headlight worked yesterday, I swear it did. All I did was hook up the turn signals & now the headlight won't work. I checked the bulb & then replaced it & checked all the fuses with my multimeter, everything seems fine. Am I overlooking something?

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Cut your self some slack and list what year and model of bike you have.
    You have a better chance of good folks responding who have the exact same model.
    keep smiling.

Comment

You need to check that rat nest of wiring in your headlight bucket and find the one you pulled apart by accident.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

why do you need a headlight on a drag bike?
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
          why do you need a headlight on a drag bike?
          lol, the same reason he needs turn signals - it ain't a drag bike.

Comment

heheheh, I have/had a simillar problem on my GS850, the headlight decided to stop working on the low beams one day... took apart the ring and discovered where all of the damn connectors are hidden.

I had power at the connector and the bulb was still good, cleaned and reseated the connection and it seems to be OK now.

Comment

Might want to test the switch...sometimes stuff likes to seep into things and keeps it from making good contact... only a few screws hold it together so it is simple enough to see if it needs a cleaning.

Good luck

Comment

I have the same problem only I don't have any power at the switch or the harness that fits onto the bulb. My bike is in my sig

Comment

my 78 750's just started doing something simular. out of the blue my head light was on highbeams and that was it. couldnt turn it off with the switch or change the beams. turned out to be a lose wire in the plug under the tank...just a thought. good luck

Comment

Its probably that stupid switch for the headlights, turns out the problem on my bike was bad contacts on the switch...

Comment

Mine turned out to be on the fuse box. The fuse contact needed to be cleaned.

Comment

Working...
                      X