shipping a bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping a bike?

one of the fellow gsers wants to buy my bike? does anyone know what is involved in shipping a bike and transferring the title across state lines

Very simple, Sign the title, and send it to the buyer, in the mail, along with the spare key. Buyer will pay sales tax when he registers it in his state. There are shippers who will pick up at your location & drop off wherever you need it to go. Normally they ask you to have the fuel tank as empty as possible. You should save apprx. $50 on both ends if you ship to & from a business instead of a residence. Have had very good luck with United Van Lines, Special products division. Sorry, I left their toll free # at work, can get it if you want it.

Comment

Forward air also handles bike shipments.. but you'll probably have to crate it up. Most dealers will part with a shipping crate for free.. but the crating up is a pain..

Comment

just sign my little registration card?

Comment

I can't comment on the shipping part but when I bought my bike from a guy out of state, I sent him all the forms that our local DMV requires for registration, ie the registration form and the NYS sales tax form. He signed what he had to and also signed the title over. I had absolutely no problem registering it. I just went to the DMV and explained what I wanted to do. They were very helpful on this.
          1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
          2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
          2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

I've baught bikes from OK, NY, & TX and had them shipped to me. All states DMV laws are probably different, but here in TN. the seller signs the title and we do the rest, right here in the county court house. I gave wrong shipping imfo earlier. It should be Allied Van lines, special products, 1-800-747-4100 ext. 216 (Barb)

Comment

Never shipped a bike but did ship my motor once. What i did was go on google.com and looked up shipping. I found a site that you put in the size and weight and they get different shippers to bid on it. saved over $100 dollars compared to federal or ups

Comment

Try these guys for shipping bikes : http://www.haulbikes.com/about.html I had good luck with them. All they do is ship bikes. You don't have to crate it , just roll it into their semi trailers specially designed to haul bikes. They were also cheaper than most carriers.

Comment

Working...
                X