85 GS700E Fork seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS700E Fork seals

Ok I have the service manual for the bike ... but it shows fork cap on the top of the tube that unscrew off... Mine doesnt have any, it's just a flat depression with a smaller depression in the middle... so no way of getting the shaft spring out the top.... another screw at the bottom of the forks is a allen head screw that refuses to budge, stripped that.. seam softer metal than it should be, so drilled and easyouted until the easy out broke... Is it friday the 13th here??? all I want to do is replace the stinkin fork seal that is under the dust cap... I took the clip ring and washer out , I can get to the seal to replace it but of course it wont come out.... ARRRRGHHH any one have a good set of rebuilt forks??? what should I do here? how can I get the seal out without plulling the shaft?

Jim

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/...rkSeal-RR.html

Im taking mine apart and also fighting one lwr allan head bolt. It sux !!
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I saw this and now may try it, I hope I didnt damage the old seal too much for the air to pop it out.

Comment

The caps on the 700E and ES ect are held in by a spring clip just push down on the caps,,they have a indent where you should push after you push it down you can see the spring clip...I got mine out with a jewlers screw driver and let the cap up slowly then follow the manual the rest of the way.
        Hope that helps....
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X