Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my first post- I own a 84 Sb4S Bimota. GS1100 motor I think a E. euro spect, bone stock. Hasnt run in 10 years and need some help sorting things out. Is there any Guru's around northern Ohio??. I appreciate any help or comments-dave

change the oil, fuel, clean the carbs, dumb some drops of oil in the cylinders, new plugs, new battery and fire it up
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

OOOHHH, nice bike, Had an SB2 back in the dark ages. Use the forum and the search to find what and how stuff works. There are guys and girls on this forum that have experience and access to information that will get you what you need to get it running.Start with a fresh battery to get the starter to spin. If it has spark, it should lite off on carb cleaner in the intake. if the carbs are gummed up. Let us know if it Runs/Doesn't run.
      What was the reason it was put away? and if you don't really want to mess with it you can give it to me

Comment

I changed the oil and filter, new plugs, fresh fuel and filter, new battery- fires up but runs aweful- KN's are on it and I sourced a airbox so as soon as it arrives I will try it with the box Im hoping for a big improvement.

Comment

If the PO did it correctly, you may be looking into a rejet on the mains. Which exhaust are you running...stock / 4 into 1?

Comment

From memory the Bimota frame won't accept a standard air box. It's probably running rough due to gummed up carbs.

Nice bike though.....

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
            1983 GS(X)1100ESD
            2002 GSF1200K1
            Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2007, 10:25 AM. Reason: Didn't read original post correctly....

Comment

Its running the Bimota 2 into 2 exhaust. The SB4 ran the original Suzi airbox. I wanted to fit the box before evaluating the jetting. ( I also cleaned the carbs) The bike wont rev but will do so with the choke- I thinking the box will richen it out, but to what extent I dont know. I'm hoping the jets that are in it are the orginals and it will run well. Bike has 9 k miles on it, great compression. If I knew how to post pics I would- its a nice old bike. I APPRECIATE your help! dave

Comment

Did you take the carbs apart off the rack and dip each one and replace all the o-rings? This NEEDS to be done on carbs that sat awhile!

I'm from northeast Ohio. Now I live in SoCal. Nough said:-D
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X