• Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs425 / gs850 pistons interchangeable

hi everyone

i've been looking for oversize pistons 1.0 for my 1980 gs850
    - the part number is:
    12111-45110-100

i am wondering if the pistons from the gs425 might actually be the same thing
    - the part number is:
    12111-45100-100

maybe someone has one of those books that tell you what parts are interchangeable? or know from experience?

425 is a 2 cylinder engine and 850 is a 4 cylinder so the numbers kind of work out that the cylinder sizes may be the same, i think.

help greatly appreciated, as i am unable to find gs850 pistons but can get some gs425!

cheers everyone
    GS850GT

The 425 pistons are too small. stock bore is 66mm. 850 pistons are 69mm.

Comment

Call here. Ask for Jeff ext. 111

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I just went through trying to find oversized pistons for my '79 850. 1st oversized piston are available, (I just recieved mine last month) but the confusion is that they are sold as a set (piston and rings together) with a single part number, and sometimes that confuses the parts guys. If you continue to have trouble PM me or something and I'll get you the part number.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2007, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by humhead View Post
        The 425 pistons are too small. stock bore is 66mm. 850 pistons are 69mm.
        thanks for the detailed answer!
        so, i'm back to square one, trying to find two pistons 1.0 for gs 850. these are proving really hard to find...
        GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
          Call here. Ask for Jeff ext. 111

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I just went through trying to find oversized pistons for my '79 850. 1st oversized piston are available, (I just recieved mine last month) but the confusion is that they are sold as a set (piston and rings together) with a single part number, and sometimes that confuses the parts guys. If you continue to have trouble PM me or something and I'll get you the part number.
          thanks

that also explains the higher price on 0.5 pistons!

but i actually already have all the rings and two pistons 1.0 so i really need to get just two more 1.0 pistons.
          would you know who might have them?
          i emailed quite a few places with no luck
          cheers
          Last edited by psyguy; 04-23-2007, 08:38 PM.
          GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
            would you know who might have them?
            i emailed quite a few places with no luck
            cheers
            Seriously. Click on the Z1enterprises site in my previous post and give them a call.

Comment

the 1mm over pistons are still available for the 850, pistons for the 425 are not available from suziki in any size.

when I rebuilt the top end on my 1000G 6 years ago .5mm over pistons were not available any more but I have just discovered they are back available now.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                Seriously. Click on the Z1enterprises site in my previous post and give them a call.
                sent them an email but they recon they don't have them

might have found some at anderson-vintage-parts

thanks
                GS850GT

Comment

Anderson parts----- check the deadbeat section

Comment

Try here.

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
                    1983 GS(X)1100ESD
                    2002 GSF1200K1