No announcement yet.

Multiple engine questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so they are rollers? Someone that i work with said that if they are rollers and i split it then the bearings would go every where. Doesnt seem right to me, but this is a first for me.

As for the case sealer, would that be the same stuff used to put together manual trans out of a car or truck? If so, i've got loads of it here at the shop.

Oh, and the guide (like i said, on the tensioner side) will not pull out of the top AT ALL! The pivot point is too wide.

Oh, just so you guys know, i have the engine on the floor so i'm reafy to dive in.

Thank you all for your patients... I'll get this whipped yet!

Comment

MAN!!! I'm glad i pulled the case apart! Bacsically the timing chain came apart and the guides grenaded! Metal chunks sitting on the bottom of the timing chain valley.

Question about the case sealer... Can i use that red anarobic sealer. We have Mopar gasket maker here, and that sounds about like what Big T was talkin bout.

Getting real close to going here... thanks again!

Comment

anyone know a good place to get a timing chain and guides for a good price? Local bike parts store here wants $80 for the chain, $100 for both guides, and $85 for the head gasket... I guess i'm accustomed to working on chevy motors, everythings cheap.. :?

Comment

I don't know of anywhere that will be much cheaper on the chain and guides. However, I would recommend going to one of the after market cycle shops online for the gaskets. I got a complete Vesrah kit (all gaskets needed for a complete rebuild) for right about $100. I got mine from Dennis Kirk.

Comment

Working...
          X