I need clutch baskets for GS1100's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need clutch baskets for GS1100's...

Well I don't have enough money or time right now to take my clutch basket out and send it to Star racing for a rebuild, so I am looking to get about 3 or4 baskets to have as spares so I can race my 1100 this year. I will then be getting a backup motor built with staright cut gears. But for now, I need stock clutch baskets with good springs. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Tom

Sorry, it's a 1982 GS1100E, angle cut gears (stock)

Be careful, Busting the clutch hub can cause much worse problems than a busted hub. The parts can, and do, bust the engine cases, and get all kinds of busted pieces, down inside the engine. A good billet hub would be a good idea, before you make much bigger problems.

Comment

Good advice from rphillips. Why get 3 or 4 stock ones? After the first goes I guarantee you'll not replace it with a stocker - that is if you have a motor or foot left.

Comment

I would not fool around here. Get a strengthened basket, even if you just get the one with the heavy backing plate and the rivits welded you will be in good shape. I have had one on my bike for 17 years and back then I only paid like $125........skip

Comment

I already blew up a stock one (luckily I didn't do too much damage), I then replaced it with one built by Falicon, with a heavy duty backing plate, and the springs are starting to rattle around in there, so I know it's about to go. I figure if I can get a few more, once I hear the springs rattleing, I can swap the basket out, even at the track. It's not a big job to replace the basket. I only have 4 weeks to get the bike ready, and don't have the $300 star wants to do the basket. Even if I can get 2 baskets now, I can put the stock one in and run it for a few races and maybe sell a few things to send out a second. I just can't rub this one for more than about 2 more passes before she blows, and I don't really want to take out #4 cylinder like I've seen done before, it's pretty ugly...

Comment

try EBAY..... :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            X