Carb boots, way cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb boots, way cheap

Thought it was a misprint or I'd entered the part number wrong, but I just ordered a full set at 7.55 each. I double checked on some posts (I'd remembered folks saying $25 each was about normal) and sure enough.

So I figured I'd mention it if anyone was looking.
    Getting them from www.ronayers.com.
    Now this was for the 1100 (and may be a mistake on their part), but.... maybe not?

My last set was $15 ea at the zook dealer.... However, those were all the same size instead of 2 long and 2 short. They ripped apart in 2 months so I tried the drag racers trick of using radiator hose cut up to the right length. I still have them after about 2 years! No sign of leakage and they cost about $12 bucks for enough hose for two whole sets.....

Comment

How did you attach the hose to the engine side of the boot? I'm looking at repairing a couple of boots from an 80 GS850, and the metal part of the boot has a place for a allen bolt to go into it, causing the rubber to have to be cut to fit around it. A long winded way of saying don't think a hose clamp would work, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Luke, I was pondering that myself. After looking at the boots for an 850, I wonder if you found a wide hoseclamp, maybe you could drill a hole through it and the new rubber, and put the allen bolt through the clamp and rubber, and thread it back into the metal part.

Comment

Working...
        X