GS750T forks - what others will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T forks - what others will fit?

I have an 82 750T and I'm wondering what other years and models will fit my bike...

They've been seeping for a while and due to laziness - I've just left them. Now the left one has sprung a major leak yesterday and I'm thinking that going the eBay route might be my cheapest and easiest option but I need to know what will fit.

The T model only had one front disk - but if I buy "new" forks that are setup for dual disks - then perhaps I can convert it to dual disks down the road.

Searching right now - there are forks on eBay from a 78 GS750, an 81-83 GS750 and an 80 GS750. Will any of these work?

Thanks!

A little tough finding forks for this bike. A while ago I was researching upgrading to twin rotors for more braking power. The only models which might work (without a total front end swap) was the 650 forks. According to the microfiche, the triple tee is identical on the 82' 650E with the 750T. Other 750 models might also work but YMMV.

But, if you're just leaking why not just replace the seals?

Comment

See my thread on easy fork seal replacement. Seals are cheap and changing them can be a snap.

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
        See my thread on easy fork seal replacement. Seals are cheap and changing them can be a snap.
        Thanks...although I have gas filled shocks - doesn't that complicate things?

Comment

Working...
        X