Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vetter mounts & GS-850GL

I have a Windjammer V I want to stick on my 1980 850GL

What other GS bikes (so I can look on ebay) use the same mount?

750 & 1000? Just the 1000? Or is it a wider range?

my gs750s (80 & 81) and my gs1100E (80) can all fit my vetter windjammer

Comment

Look at my sig pict, and my 850L has a Vetter Windjammer fairing, not the V, but if it looks close, I can take some close ups of the mounting brackets for you.:-D

Comment

Any GS850G, 850GL, 1000G, 1000GL, 1100G, or 1100GL -- any year -- will work on your bike.

Comment

looks exactly like mine.

Comment

I know it will fit...

My question is the MOUNT - eg what bikes have the same mount?

Obviously a 450 mount won't work, but do any of the other mid-size bikes (650,750) or the bigger ones use the same mount as the 850GL?

Comment

I answered your question about the mount already. Any big 850, 1000, or 1100 shaftie mount, any year, will fit your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_A View Post
                I know it will fit...

My question is the MOUNT - eg what bikes have the same mount?

Obviously a 450 mount won't work, but do any of the other mid-size bikes (650,750) or the bigger ones use the same mount as the 850GL?
                my 650 has a windjammer V on it but I had to shim up the back screws a little bit to clear the clocks with the light adjustment knob.I mounted it up as high as I could so I would still have full turning radius.

Comment

I believe I also answered the question about the mount. The Vetter mount (the one that fits my GS750s and GS1100) simply mounts to the frame bars just in front of the exhaust; one bracket and about 6 small bolts.

Comment

Working...
                  X