GS550 Coils and Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550 Coils and Ignition

My bike is a GS550. It show 79 on the frame, but the title shows 80. Either way is this a good setup for my bike? I know this is a redundant question, but I want to make sure before ordering. I plan on buying these:

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

What plugs would be best for this setup? I am not sure on size and core type.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Remove your ign points cove & verify which type of points you have their are two different types

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      Remove your ign points cove & verify which type of points you have their are two different types
      What will that tell me? I will check when I get home and post later.

Comment

I just purchased and installed this ignition kit from Z-1. I retained my stock coils. The two different styles of points each require a different kit so you have to determine which brand points you have so you order the correct kit. I haven't ridden it enough to evaluate it yet but it will certainly improve a system with poor points. Probably a brand new set(s) of points correctly adjusted will run about as well as this system but they go downhill from there. Once this is properly installed, no more adjusting or tuning on it.

Comment

I think I may just go with the coils for now. My wires look like crap and have electrical tape on them. What wire would you guys recommend? Do I need the copper core or the other? Thanks again for the help!\\/:-D

Comment

Working...
          X