Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the paint codes for a 1982 Katana 1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the paint codes for a 1982 Katana 1000?

I would like to get the codes for the silver Suzuki used on the Katana in the of any necessary future repaint. Anyone have them?

Don't know the paint code, but a couple of suggestions:

Looks like you could get a NOS Katana tank from here, probably for about as much as it would cost to get it professionally painted.

If you do get it professionally painted, the body/paint shop should be able to color match using their computer. If you paint it yourself, the automotive paint store should be able to color match as well.

Comment

Check out the Katana France website,once in there click the (Collection) Icon at top of page,and then you should see the color codes options from there. Cool website,I purchased the poster you will see on his site.Good luck!
      Steve

Comment

Thanks Again!

80GS1000 that is a great parts dealer, they are $139.00 cheaper on the tank than Bike Bandit. I am checking something else with Bike Bandit currently. Yesterday I found out that my friend's sister, cough, lesbian, ahem, works there and can get me a deal. I'm not sure how much of a discount. When I find out I'll see how it compares to the site you recommended.

The tank is fine other than a little ding from a garage mishap involving a bed frame and me not paying attention to that still small voice that said, "That could fall on the bike." There is one other really small spot where the clearcoat is chipped. I want to have the cowling reshot because it was scratched when I took the bike down to have the VIN verified at the CHP. That was a day that I'd like to forget.

Katalica, what is the name of the Katana site you mentioned. Is it just Katanafrance.com or something? Thanks for the info as well.

Comment

Is this it???

straight from the bandit\\/
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses...

I have what I need and in fact it might be cheaper just to buy a new tank and Ebay my old one.

Comment

Crag Antler:

Where on Bike Bandit did you get the OEM colour chart information?
              I had it once for my Bike but lost it and have tried all the OEM fiche on Bikebandit to no avail.

Comment

Right here:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8th one down
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
                X