Master Cylinder and other controls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Cylinder and other controls...

Has anyone updated their master cylinder and hand brake controls (as well as update the horn/light and start/shut off controls)? I have been looking around a bit and I'm just not sure about compatibility. Any thoughts? It would be nice to look for some later model Suzuki "controls" that I could use on my bike, but I am open to aftermarket parts as well. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

'82 GS650L

Originally posted by dsar View Post
    Has anyone updated their master cylinder and hand brake controls (as well as update the horn/light and start/shut off controls)? I have been looking around a bit and I'm just not sure about compatibility. Any thoughts? It would be nice to look for some later model Suzuki "controls" that I could use on my bike, but I am open to aftermarket parts as well. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

'82 GS650L
    As long as the bar diameter is the same...you can "wire" anything. The banjo bolt size should be the same across the board and depending on the clutch perch length, you may have adjustment issues with the clutch. Controls are "for the most part" universal...I've got a project right now with controls from a completely different manufacturer on it and everything "fits".

Comment

I've seen a GSXR1000 master cylinder and remote reserve fitted to a 80's kat. I would have thought you could fit a bandit master cylinder and lights unit to. Not sure about the other side as it has the choke cable attached to it. Plus there is also an extra set of wires that feed into the clutch master cylinder.

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
      1983 GS(X)1100ESD
      2002 GSF1200K1

Comment

You need to make sure you match the master cylinder size if you switch to something new. The size is stamped on the bottom of the master cylinder. If you change that size, it can affect braking feel and performance.

Read about it at www.vintagebrake.com - master cylinder ratio / sizing.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
        X