Who's got a MAC 4 in 1 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's got a MAC 4 in 1 system?

If anybody out there has got a MAC 4 in 1 exhaust on their bike, I would like to know if you have to rejet or not. the ad says in most cases you don't but I want to hear from somebody that has actually used one.
    What is the sound level compared to stock? I've got a 82 GS 650 G and I like the sound of the stock exhaust, its just that the old pipes are looking pretty corroded up close to the head. If you have to rejet to get it to run right, I think maybe a set of newer looking stockers might be the way to go. The bike runs great now, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've heard that Vance and Hines makes a header for around the same price $298 so if somebody has one of those feel free to post your thoughts.

I do on my 550 with the stock jetting. Works just fine.
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

I have the 4 into 2 on the GS650 with stock jets and it works just fine. The bike shop advises that had I gone with the 4 into 1 the sound would have been much deeper.

Comment

mac pipe

I put a mac 4 into 1 on a 1000G, about a month ago. It had a stock style k\n filter, and yes I did have to do some jetting to get it to run right. It was lean. But it did seen to make it run better\ harder after we got it dialed in. But that was just my experience, yours could be differnt!!

Comment

I have a MAC and a V&H that have been on my bikes at some point. Both required re-jetting.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X