I dont get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont get it

just went through the stator papers, first of all my stator failed the resitance to ground test, but I went ahead and did the r/r section also. On the diode function is says to disconnect the R/R before, but how can it test a voltage drop to the stator if they arent even connected, the meter would just send out random readings.

There is never voltage TO the stator. The stator produces AC voltage and sends it to the R/R which rectifies the AC to 12v DC to charge the battery.
    The bike runs using 12v DC current.

E.

Originally posted by RotaryRodder View Post
    just went through the stator papers, first of all my stator failed the resitance to ground test, but I went ahead and did the r/r section also. On the diode function is says to disconnect the R/R before, but how can it test a voltage drop to the stator if they arent even connected, the meter would just send out random readings.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

right, but the purpose of the diode function on a multi meter is to measure voltage drop across a circuit. The stator papers said to disconnect the R/R so I dont see how it could get voltage drop to anything else on the bike. Unless I was reading it wrong... It said to measure across one stator each time wire to the red lead on the R/R

Comment

I would disconnect and check the 3 stator wires resistance to the bike frame, engine or whatever works for a ground. If its not shorted (0 ohms) switch the meter to AC and fire up the bike. Check AC voltage between the 3 stator wires (still disconnected) If ya get some ac voltage (30-50) I would say its good.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I went through all the stator papers, the resitance to ground check was bad probably .5 ohms :/ The AC voltage test was fine. I also went past that part and tested the R/R thats what im dealing with now.

Comment

Working...
          X