erratic idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erratic idle

Hi I own a 1985 gsx750es (uk model) and my problem is that it will not tickover unless it is at 2000-2500rpm if you ease the clutch out the speed drops to 1250rpm but you blip the throttle and it sticks again at 2000-2500rpm.
    I have carbtuned the carbs stripped them and cleaned them,re balanced them. if i blip the throtle with the engine off the butterflys snap back. but it still will not tick over corectly. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
    Thanking you all in advance
    John

Did you seperate the carbs and clean out the choke circuits? Did you clean the airscrew passages? If you sprayed carb cleaner into the disassembled carbs without seperating them or taking out the airscrews you have probably ruined some O Rings in these circuits.

Comment

You should also check to see that there is a proper airfilter, and no leaks around the rubber boots which attach to either side of the carb throats. Good luck.

Comment

I have to agree with Bob, It sure sounds like you have an air leak somewhere.
        Mine used to do that and it was old, split O rings in between the
        carb boots and the intake manifold.

Peace
        Mo

Comment

Originally posted by Mobetter
          I have to agree with Bob, It sure sounds like you have an air leak somewhere.
          Mine used to do that and it was old, split O rings in between the
          carb boots and the intake manifold.

Peace
          Mo
          Check out a fellow GSResources member's website to see what Mo is talking about. http://home.att.net/~robert.barr/ be sure to click on the link to see the intake o-ring pictures.

Terry

Comment

Sounds like your induction boots are not sealing where they mate to the cylinder head.

Earl
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

How about the throttle cable? Is that working freely and not hanging up?
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
              X