Carb Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Problems

Ok, got problem. Cleaned the carbs of my GS850L, thought all was well, but now it is only running on #1 and #4. All carbs are getting gas, so it would seem, and it seems that two and three firing. Any suggestions?????:sad: ](*,)
    I'm quite sure the coils are firing, my hair is still on end, well at least shocked

Regardless of what you're quite sure of, you should swap the coils for a sanity check to see if the problem moves from 2 & 3 to 1 & 4.
    If no difference:
    You're sure 2 & 3 are not combusting, so have you checked plugs 2 & 3 to see if they're wet? If not, then fuel is not being delivered.
    Of course it could be merely coincidence that you mistakenly botched carbs 2 & 3 during the cleaning. Botching a cleaning happens to anyone who's done enough of them, eventually - nothing to be ashamed of. Just do it again.
    Your vacuum line may be sucking fuel but that would affect only one of the two - but, of course they may not have the same problem.
    And then there's my favorite: air leaks. Are you sure there are no air leaks for any of the boots for carbs 2 & 3?

Comment

I have rebuilt kits, have not used them yet. I have not check the plugs to see if they are wet, Duh on my part . As for the coils, they are some what idiot proof, but I can engineer something. I will give these things a try. Thanks for this info. Will post my finding.:-D

Comment

Check for spark on the failing cylinders. If both are a no go you either knocked a wire loose, have a bad coil or have a bad pickup on the crank trigger.

What year is it? Is it points?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If the coil wires are "idiot proof" he's got a 80 or newer, so electronic ignition...

Comment

Yes, it's a 1982 with electronic ignition.

Comment

Were the cyls firing before the cleaning of the carbs? I would check the sync on them. I believe that is why one of my cyls wasn't firing in the first place, after you check the other things suggested of course. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X