Starter System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter System

OK so I'm tired of push-start my bike 8-[ , I've decided to fix the starting system,, starter motor seems OK, runs like crazy but the engine doesn't turn, (perhaps just a bit ones in a while but not enough to start), It makes a loud squeaky noise when starter runs,,,, please tell me where to start?

ooppps!!! I almost forget,, it's an 82 GS750

Thanks
    OSK
    Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2007, 02:58 PM.

Repair manual, & starter clutch
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

You will need to replace the three hold down bolts in the starter clutch.
      Before even thinking about starting the job. buy the rotor removal tool that is needed. The tool is about $25.

E.

Originally posted by oskdan View Post
      OK so I'm tired of push-start my bike 8-[ , I've decided to fix the starting system,, starter motor seems OK, runs like crazy but the engine doesn't turn, (perhaps just a bit ones in a while but not enough to start), It makes a loud squeaky noise when starter runs,,,, please tell me where to start?

ooppps!!! I almost forget,, it's an 82 GS750

Thanks
      OSK
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        Before even thinking about starting the job. buy the rotor removal tool that is needed. The tool is about $25.

E.
        And an inexpensive impact gun(Harbor Freight?) Worth every penny. Tried doing it without one and almost started crying.

Comment

Extractor

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

E.
          Earl your help is always appreciated, thanks for your help with my electrical mess,, is time for the starter clutch, I already opened the case, and remove the big rotor bolt, can I use one of these to extract the
          rotor? ,
          I don’t have access to many special tools, so I figured screwing the rotor bolt half way I have about 1 inch of clearance to pull the rotor, know what I mean?
          OSK

Comment

Working...
          X