Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carburetor Synchro tuner

I have a 1982 GS 650 GL. I am not sure what to buy for a Carb Synch kit.\\/

I just looked on JC Whitney and found a fuel/ air mixture adjusting tool and the carb synchronizer kit. I am not sure what I am going to need to get the carbs synched

The overall problem with the bike is it runs only while the choke is on if I give it gas it stalls out. I have previous posts about what has been done to these carbs (everything) except for synchronizing. and I did not set the pilot screws 1.5 turns back from the all the way in position. ANY suggestions before I drop more money into the neverending fuel problem.

Thanks again for everyones great feedback. I have been progressing with this rebuild in a positive way by your feedback, again I'd like to says thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2007, 02:06 PM.

reading the review at bike bandit it looks like it is just the adapter and not the synchonizer. (just was looking at 10 minutes ago)

Comment

I just realized that as well, so I am thinking that I will need to go with the kit from JC Witney if that is what I actually need.

Comment

GSFan,

I just got my carbs synced from a friend of a friend. Unless you are syncing lots of bikes, I'm not sure if it is worth the investment. Its not all that often you sync your carbs (or shouldn't be anyway). But it is up to you. I'm a college student, so I didn't have the extra cash purchase the tool.

Also, nice bike selection

Comment

Working...
        X