Just got my sync tool, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my sync tool, but....

I won the tool on ebay and just got it yesterday. Whooo hooo. Steve has already said that he would help me out with the mercury I needed, but now that I have it I found out that the seller didn't ship it with the adapters to put into the manifold to hook it up. Any suggestions on what I could use, Where I could get some, How I could make some? Thanks guys, a few more ducks to get in a row and I should be riding again soon.

i think that carb jets screw into the manifold and that you can put the hose over them....

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
      i think that carb jets screw into the manifold and that you can put the hose over them....
      If that's true, post it in the "Tips & tricks" forum.
      :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
      GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
      GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
      GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
      http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Cyclereycle sells adapters in 4 packs for the synch tools. Just go to the tools section and scroll down, theyre about at the bottom of the page.
        CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

Earl

Originally posted by Ironhorse1980 View Post
        I won the tool on ebay and just got it yesterday. Whooo hooo. Steve has already said that he would help me out with the mercury I needed, but now that I have it I found out that the seller didn't ship it with the adapters to put into the manifold to hook it up. Any suggestions on what I could use, Where I could get some, How I could make some? Thanks guys, a few more ducks to get in a row and I should be riding again soon.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I think I may try the jet thing tomorrow and let you know how it works. Otherwise I may just get the adapters off cyclerecycle. Do you think I'd be able to get some generic aluminum or plastic nipples and a die that matches the bolt thats in there?

Now if anyone around the Phoenix area would like to sync thier carbs, I'll have a working tool in about a week and you're more than welcome to come by and try it out on your bike as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse1980 View Post
            Thanks for the tips, I think I may try the jet thing tomorrow and let you know how it works. Otherwise I may just get the adapters off cyclerecycle. Do you think I'd be able to get some generic aluminum or plastic nipples and a die that matches the bolt thats in there?

Now if anyone around the Phoenix area would like to sync thier carbs, I'll have a working tool in about a week and you're more than welcome to come by and try it out on your bike as well.
            Dont fart around with the jets or a die or whatever, just order the darn parts from www.crc2onlinecatalog.com and be done with it.you will only have to wait 5 days then you will be able to do it right!Learn from experience not impatience.

Comment

Working...
            X