Anyone- is this correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone- is this correct?

Okay, I am troubleshooting my electrical problem for a '79 GS750 and I am thinking about getting ****ed off. The black box attached to the battery show in the picture in this thread- is that a turn signal part? Because the guy at the boneyard sold it to me for $150 as a CDI! WTF!?

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Well, yes. That is your turn signal flasher.

Your 1979 GS would NOT have a CDI or electronic ignition of any kind. That was the the last year points were used.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Back to the bone yard for a refund. Your bike (in the picky) has points and condenser and therfore no CDI. You have been sold a flasher relay at a CDI price! Either the guy doesn't know much about selling bike parts or you have been shafted..!

Comment

Actually no CDI on any of these bikes. Electronic ignition, yes, but CDI is not used on the GS line, period. ;-)

Comment

That SOB! Well that is just perfect. I am guessing that I have quite a fight on my hands to resolve this one.

Comment

On top of that, if you do want an electronic ignition, you can buy a new Dyna S for that price.

E.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Return the offending part to your local boneyard, duct-taped to the front bumper of a large truck. Inform the proprietor that you'll put it in his hand, for a cash refund, or that you'll deliver it directly to the stockroom shelf, courtesy of the front bumper, if he gives you any difficulty
              Surely he'll see things your way

Dave

Comment

I am thinking that I may be able to leverage him- he is a predominately internet based business that surely some of you have used, I would think that if I give him the option of doing the right thing or have me release his name and offense in forums like this he will offer to refund my $

Comment

No "leverage" should be needed. All you should need to do is explain to him that you mistakenly thought your bike used an ignitor box and you have a stock points and condensor ignition. You could not possibly have used the part he sent even it it was an ignitor box because you dont have the crank trigger assembly it requires. Then remind him this doesnt matter since in any event, sending a turn signal relay is certainly not the correct part or what he was supposed to have sent. It should be a no brainer for him to accept the part back and refund your money.

E.

Originally posted by bfpd630 View Post
                  I am thinking that I may be able to leverage him- he is a predominately internet based business that surely some of you have used, I would think that if I give him the option of doing the right thing or have me release his name and offense in forums like this he will offer to refund my $
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                  X