Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS740 Jama 4-2 exhaust

Hi guys

Im A newbie to this site but so far I have got tons of info. I have a request that hopefully someone can help me with.

I have an early 1977 gs750 that Iam restoring and I need an original 4 into 2 exhaust. Now I know that the chance of getting an original is next to impossible so I have been looking at getting a Jama 4-2 replica exhaust but the website doesn't show a picture of the actual exhaust on a bike.

I dont want to spend hard earned money if they are nothing like the original.........................therefore does anybody on this forum have a Jama system on their bike and if so could you please post a photo on this site or at the very least please advise if it's worth buying one.

Cheers

3legs.

OOPS sorry about the typo. I meant gs750.

3legs.

Comment

Originally posted by 3legs View Post
      OOPS sorry about the typo. I meant gs750.

3legs.
      GS850GT

Comment

US Distributer for JAMA?

Does anyone know a distributer in the United States to Buy the Original Jama replacement Mufflers?

Comment

That looks like a nice system, pretty close in configuration to stock. Where are you buying it from? Does it come in Black?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthStarMN View Post
            Does anyone know a distributer in the United States to Buy the Original Jama replacement Mufflers?
            try here
            GS850GT

Comment

Where to Buy

Thanks - I got a reply back for the U.S. Dealer locater. I will be talking to them.

NorthStarMN

Comment

Post back here when you learn more and how much they cost.
                Thanks.

Comment

please let us know your findings
                  thanks
                  Originally posted by NorthStarMN View Post
                  Thanks - I got a reply back for the U.S. Dealer locater. I will be talking to them.

NorthStarMN
                  GS850GT

Comment

Hi guys

What we really need to see is a photo of the actual system on a bike or at least a photo of the system.

The drawing on the laser websight isn't enough for me to warrant spending money on. Im not convinced they are close enough a replica to the original.

If you note the picture of the muffer, it's nothing like the drawing or the original.

The muffler maybe just for advertising and if it is it was poorly placed.

Here's hoping someone already has one to advise us.

Cheers.

3legs

Comment

Here is my 78 GS750 fitted with the Jama system.

I am happy with this system, it sounds original (not too loud), and it performs OK (no flat spots).

The rear muffler mounting brackets seemed to splay out the mufflers a bit too much for my personal liking, so i made my own brackets.

It was also a bit of a pain to fit as regards the four headers fitting in the collector, and trying to feed the assembly into the exhaust ports. I did try fiitting the four headers loosely first, then sliding the collector on underneath, but the centre stand got in the way.

You need to tie wrap the exhaust port clamps in rough position on the headers, otherwise they fall down the pipes and you cant get them past the frame tubes when the headers are in the ports.

Also place a box or something under the collectors beneath the bike to help line it all up as you fit the headers to the ports.

I would also recommend Kreem Blue Shield inside the headers as i used to help prevent discoloration with heat. These are not a double skinned system.

Footy.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2007, 04:05 PM. Reason: Addition.

Comment

Thanks Footy

Not quite the same but looks ok though. Any idea if originals are still available or do you know of any manufacturer who makes exact replicas?

Cheers

3legs

Comment

Originally posted by 3legs View Post
                          Thanks Footy

Not quite the same but looks ok though. Any idea if originals are still available or do you know of any manufacturer who makes exact replicas?

Cheers

3legs
                          I could not find any other four into two systems at the time i rebuilt mine (two years ago)

I don't know if the original system is still available or not.

Good luck.

Footy.

Comment

The megaphones seem to be a little longer than the originals, or is that just the way they were photographed. It seems to me that mine ens at the back of the swing arm. The jama system looks longer, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                              The megaphones seem to be a little longer than the originals, or is that just the way they were photographed. It seems to me that mine ens at the back of the swing arm. The jama system looks longer, is it?

They end at about level with the wheel rim, this is about the best pic i have to show this.

This seems about the same as the original system in the old pics?

Footy.

Comment

Working...
                              X