Throttle Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Lock

When I purchased my '83 GS850 it had a somewhat cheesy throttle lock attached. Probably a stupid question, but was a throttle lock an option on these bikes. I've seen Vista Cruise model locks that appear to be. The reason I asked is I liked the feature (I broke the unit) and would like to replace it. I'm sure everyone has differing opinions on using these. Thanks

Loads available aftermarket. I don't think they were standard fit.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Definately not standard. Just thought I'd mention that I'm doing a long ride in a week, so recently I picked up a CrampBuster after reading about them here a while back.

I tested it on a 440 mile ride a week ago, and I really like it. I still can't take my hand away from the throttle, but it sure allows me to open my hand and lightly rest it on the grip. No Hand cramps.

Comment

I've got the Crampbuster (had one for quite awhile and love it), and I just recently bought a throttle lock.
        I've ridden thousands of miles using the Crampbuster, but for my Iron Butt ride in June, I think the Throttle Lock will suit me much better on the long, straight stretches. Just my opinion, doesn't mean I'll go to sleep at the wheel.......:-D

Comment

I've broken my throttle lock a couple times. And super glue seems to do the trick on repairing it. The former Suzuki shop had them available for around $6.

Brad bt

Comment

I had a throttle lock... still have but I've removed it (well actually half of it so it's real easy to put back on). I like the crampbuster better as there is so much traffic round here...

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
            X