Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Turn Signal Switch for GS1150...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Turn Signal Switch for GS1150...

Does anyone know what newer turn signal / headlisght switch assembly/housing I could use on my GS1150ES ? My (and my buddys too!) turn signal buttons broke off and I was thinking if a newer switch housing from say an '86 up GSXR would work. has anyone dealt with this on their gs1150 ? thanks-

I would think that just about anything could be made to work. The plugs might be different, but you could cut the plug off your broken switch, trace the wires by function, and splice them into the new switch.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thats exactly what I should do , I just got to get out to the salvage shop and bring my switch , I want a good reliable button for the turns and the headlights , the only thing is the choke is on the same housing -

Comment

i put one on my bike from a mid 90s gsxr i believe (ebay) ... it came with the choke lever (which i didn't need so i took it off)

spliced the old plug into it .. works like a charm. .. i even got used to the look after awhile

good hunting

mike

Comment

A Bandit 1200 switch will work. It has the choke lever on it. I have an 03 B12S so I know that switch will work. I would guess than any year would probably work too.

E.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X