78 vacuum lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 vacuum lines.

Hey guys, I am new to the forum, but not new to bikes.

I am in desperate need of a vacuum line routing diagram or explanation of routing the vacumm lines on my 78 GS 1000. The project I bought had no air box. Only K&N pod filters. Of course the carbs were off when I got it and it just had 2 lines on them. I believe the sides of the vm carbs are overflow and the bigger brass outlets are for vacumm. I only see three spouts though. If these are coreect were do they run to. The petcock also has a fuel spout and a smaller spout I suspect to be a vacumm. Then there is the sending unit spout. Got the sled running today without any lines other than a fuel line connected and she is running rough, rideable, but rough. My fuel supply tubes between the carbs are leaking badly. Will o rings cure this or am I on the hunt for a needle in the haystack small fortune part. Thanks for any help!

You should have outlet nipples on your #2, #3, and #4 VM series carbs.

#2 and #4 vent to air. #3 is your vacuum outlet that hooks up to your smaller outlet on your petcock. The big "T" on the bottom is for fuel.

My T's are plastic and don't have O-rings, I don't think yours do either. You can get new ones still I think, and there are a couple of creative ways to deal with that problem. I'm off to work and can't look it up right now, but there are fixes available for that.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2007, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help Mark. I will try and find find a fuel Tee fix using the search thread.

Mike

Comment

The plastic, or rubber coated Tee Mark describes should have raised bumps that act as o-rings. Good luck finding a oem replacement. That tee is obsolete. I was lucky to have a spare rack of carbs. If you don't, you can pick up a brass replacement tee here. http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com. Lots of other carb goodies, too.

Comment

Working...
        X