signal tailight combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signal tailight combo

Has anyone here tried to remove their rear signal lights and incorporate them into the tail light?
    I am looking to do this myself and save on buying a kit.
    I have a 79 GS850

Something to consider: It will no longer have DOT approval. Check your lights and lenses, note the DOT#? That makes 'em legal for road use. If you're ever in an accident and a lighting question comes up...The police and the insurance companies are going to be on you like flies on roadkill.

Comment

If it isn't legal then why do they sell an aftermarket wiring kit to remove your signal lights and use your tail lights as tail, brake and signal?

Comment

Why do they sell "Off Road Use Only" mufflers for street bikes?

Why are there drive-in liquor stores? And on and on.

Do what you want. Just consider the cost if your modification isn't street legal.

Comment

I hear you. Maybe I will just go without. I'll see how many idiots on the road remember what hand signals are.

Comment

Just for reference if anyone lives in Ontario Canada,integrated tail lights are fully legal. I checked with O.P.P. and Ministry of Transportation.

Comment

Wonder if that goes for Alberta too... I was thinkin about doing the same thing, the current indicators remind me too much of bug antenna's and its beginning to annoy me

Comment

Nightmare, the best way to find out quick is call someone in your area that certifies bikes. They should know.

Comment

Working...
                X