Fellow GS OWNER In DESPERATE NEED OF HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow GS OWNER In DESPERATE NEED OF HELP

I am trying to keep clam but I am so upset right now. I hired these mechanics to fix my 82 GS650. Well they did a good job restoring it and making it look good. However, when they got to the engine issues I was having it wasnt fixed. The engine has good compression and was leaking oil and just not showing power. Well they informed me that replacing the head gaskets would fix the oil leak and get it back up and running. Well 400 dollars later it did not fix the problem and now they are saying the Intake valves are leaking as well as the main seal and the oil pan. I am so frustrated because I have put my hard earned money into this bike and Its still not running like it should. I am begging and pleading for a fellow gs experienced tech to fix my bike. I live in the Washington DC metro area. Can anyone please please help me[-o<

Well, man, I feel your pain. I have been in the same situations many times. I'm sorry I can't personally help you, but I sure wish you well in your bike adventures. Don't let this discourage you. You'll get there!

Comment

SLOW DOWN........

Where was the original oil leak? On top, middle or bottom of the engine?

If you had good compression, what were the figures? Its possible that the intake valves are leaking a little. How do they know this? (It could also be a reason for the lack of power!)

When they say the 'main seal' what do they mean? Are they taking about the crank seals?

The oil pan is an easy fix. 12 bolts, old gasket off, clean up, new gasket in. Job done!!!!!

Have they given you the bike back? Is it still in bits. Only a 'muppet' mechanic will rebuild an engine with work still needing doing. Its a waste of money for gaskets and time. Do the job once, right first time!!

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
      1983 GS(X)1100ESD
      2002 GSF1200K1

Comment

They still have the bike and I believe its put back together. I am not a mechanic so I am not sure suzuki mad. Would you mind talking to these guys to see exactly what they have done. I am in the dark because I live in the city have no garage and I am not a mechanic at all.

Comment

Darkstar,
          I'm in the UK! If its a UK dealer then OK..... where are you?

Suzuki mad

Comment

Originally posted by darkstar757 View Post

I live in the Washington DC metro area.

Comment

OOOOPPPPSSSSS.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Working...
              X