1982 GS750E 2&4 pipes cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS750E 2&4 pipes cold?

It runs but hard to start and 2&4 pipes are cold.
    Where should I start?
    Any pointers appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Del

If your getting spark and you are getting gas to the suspect cylinders I'd have to say you need to synchronize your carbs.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I am thinking coil or igniter?

Comment

One coil fires 1&4 and the other 2&3. Are you getting spark?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

To add to the previous question, are the plug wires running to the correct cylinders? Maybe one of the coils is bad or disconnected AND the wiring is incorrect to the cylinders.

Oh, one more thing ... when I added performance coils and wires to my 550 it would intermittently run on only three cylinders. It took a LOT of investigative work before I finally realized that the "coil end" of the spark plug wire to the cylinder that was not firing was incorrectly seated (read "not pushed all the way on to the coil") even though it looked just fine. After pulling it off and re-seating it the problem was solved and the motor ran perfectly.

Hope this helps!

Comment

If it's wired correctly (ie. spark where and when it should) it's most likely fuel related...carbs, o-rings, air leaks. Have you cleaned the carbs yet? Check for air leaks everywhere?

Comment

Working...
            X