right hand switch wiring molex connector problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right hand switch wiring molex connector problem

to first introduce my bike, I have a 1982 gs 650, done lotssa work to it but when it comes to wiring i am completly lost. to sum up my problem quickly, i was putting in a new wiring harness adn when tryin to disconect my R/H molex connector the male part of the connecter ripped adn stripped the wires from the connecter, now iv gotten a new R/H switch assembly froma 1981 gs 550, the connecter from that one only has the 3 wires to plug in like the origiaonal but now i have 6 wires that i dont know what to do with, with the origional male connecter ther were a few wires conecting the 6 wires to each other but now i dont know which connects where and im thinkin this is the reason y my bike wont start now

Match up the wires and bypass the connector.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

the problem with it is ther are 6 wires coming out the back end of the connecter adn i dont know hwat the do i tinkered with a few of em and when i connected the 2 middle ones together the back-lighting for my speedometeer came back on

Comment

im just hopin that somone can atake a picture of how theirs conects adn i can just match it up that way

Comment

Are you talking about the right hand handle bar switch that connects in the headlight bucket?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

no it conects and stays by the gas tank its the kill swithc adn starter wires the kill swith'starter wired match up with colorwise with the way i have thme pluged in right now, but the other 6 wires connect to each other by just loopin one wire to another im just not sure witch one to hook up to wher, 3 of the wires go into the headlight bucket while the other 3 go down towards the battery

Comment

Working...
            X