Carb Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Hoses

Hello folks, I'm restoring an 82 GS850L and have a question. I can't seem to figure out where the hose is that goes to the fuel level component on the tank or where it would go. It's the last item I have left before starting the bike. I'm lost. It may be laying here in the shop, but I still couldn't tell you where it would connect to. Does anyone have or know where I could find a diagram that I could follow. Non of my manuals addresses it.

Thanks

If the seal on the fuel level unit fails, the hose is there to port fuel away from the motor. Attach a long piece of fuel hose to the nipple on the sending unit. Route the other end back along the frame, then down somewhere in front of the battery box. There should be a rectangular slot behind the tranny for this & other hoses & wires.

Comment

If you're referring to the gas guage, its electric. There is no hose to it, just two wires.

E.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

as tom mlc said
        GS850GT

Comment

It'll be the longest vent tube you have lying around (for now-obvious reasons) and, yes, you want it on there as mentioned earlier.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Carb Hoses

\\/ Thanks guys, I was hoping that's what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
              If the seal on the fuel level unit fails, the hose is there to port fuel away from the motor. Attach a long piece of fuel hose to the nipple on the sending unit. Route the other end back along the frame, then down somewhere in front of the battery box. There should be a rectangular slot behind the tranny for this & other hoses & wires.
              On the GS850GLZ the factory routed the hose along the right side of the frame, past the battery box, then along the bottom of the plastic portion of the rear fender. The plastic fender has a channel and tabs that hold the hose in place, in the channel and under the tabs.... The hose ends near where the chrome part of the fender starts, way beyond the shock mount.

Comment

Working...
              X