Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FUBARA fixed thanks to yall but another????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUBARA fixed thanks to yall but another????

Last carb and vacuum line question, you guys had fixed in no time.
    Thank you.
    Now when I go to install my new fuel line, 5/16th, it seems awfully difficult to ge the line to go on.
    I am using line I got from the local NAPA.
    Should I be using motorcycle specific and not auto???
    Is there any easy way to get it on and keep it on???
    I was able to get it once after quite a bit of cussing and the bike started up and ran for a few\\/ but when I went to move the temp tank it pulled off.
    Thanks again.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Put a cup of water in the micrewave, get it hot and take it out to the bike...dip one end of the line in the cup for a few seconds and the fuel line will slip right on. When it cools, you won't be able to pull it off without more cussing....:-D

Comment

I usually just warm it up for a minute with a hair dryer if its a bit tight. Are you positive the parts store didnt sell you 1/4" inside diameter line mistakenly?

It should fit snugly, but It shouldnt be so tight as to give you a hernia trying to get it in. LOL

E.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

5/16 line should fit just right without the !@#$%^&*(
        I think you have the wrong line which will be a problem in the long run. (Fuel starvation)
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Cycle Recycle II sells this beautiful translucent blue fuel line that goes on easily yet stays on securely without a clamp.

The material is just stretchy enough to work wonderfully on bikes.

Auto fuel line will work, but is less stretchy and requires some sort of clamp or zip tie to retain it.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            I usually just warm it up for a minute with a hair dryer if its a bit tight. Are you positive the parts store didnt sell you 1/4" inside diameter line mistakenly?

It should fit snugly, but It shouldnt be so tight as to give you a hernia trying to get it in. LOL

E.
            Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Cycle Recycle II sells this beautiful translucent blue fuel line that goes on easily yet stays on securely without a clamp.

The material is just stretchy enough to work wonderfully on bikes.

Auto fuel line will work, but is less stretchy and requires some sort of clamp or zip tie to retain it.

I checked the line again and it does say 5/16/ 8.0 mm
            I am going to try to warm it up first and see if that helps.
            It was a cold day when I was trying.
            I may swing by the local shop and see if they have any of the translucent line.
            I had a little piece of it before from the fuel filter and it did stay on nicely.
            Thanks as always guys\\/ \\/
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
            X