Carb Rebuild Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Rebuild Kit

Is there a difference in the carb rebuild kits on the market? I just got my old 82 GS850L running again, but it started leaking fuel from the carbs. It looks like it's coming from the bowl gaskets. Rebuild time.

I've been looking at a bunch of kits. Any suggestions where to get a good set and should I pay for the more expensive sets I've seen?

Thanks,
    MO

Alot of people don't like the aftermarket kits but I like the K&L. I don't use the jets though. I stick with the mikuni or dynojets in my case.
    I've had no problem with the float needle and seat from these kits.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

why not try replacing all the o-rings first ? (and while you're there check if anything else needs replacing at all)
      GS850GT

Comment

No difference -- all the rebuild kits are crap.

Just replace the o-rings and maybe the float bowl gaskets, and clean and re-use everything else.

If the needles and seats are worn (unlikely) order new ones from Suzuki.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Rebuild Kits

I agree chef. I've used Dynajets many times with no problems.

The bottom line is, if it ain't broke, don't fix-or replace it.

Thanks,

MO

Comment

gaskets?

If the bike runs really well, I'd solve the bowl gasket problem and do nothing else.
            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I've never seen, or heard of, a carb leak caused by a bad bowl gasket.

I suppose that if the bowl gaskets were somehow torn during a prior disassembly and not replaced, they could leak. Odds are, though, that there's a more probable cause, with leaks that might appear to be coming through the gasket.
              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
              X