gs1150 assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1150 assembly

Well I am ready to put things together. I have several bikes from which I will have one functional motorcycle before the Memorial day weekend is over. I was wondering if any of you fine peole might have some fairly close up pictures of things such as the engine mounts and faring mounts and the like. I can take care of myself when it comes to building something out of a bucket of pieces. As I get older and time gets more and more precious I find and use any assistance I can get. I didn't take any of these bikes apart, they were basket cases when I bought them so there are things here I have not seen assembled.
    I have been under the valve cover of the engine to be used, I have checked things the best I can, the only thing I need, that I know of is exhaust gaskets. I am hoping those gaskets are still availible from a dealer. I have the title straightened out and a plate on the bike already, I talked to the insurance guy and all I need to do is give him a call. My helmet is cleaned up. the leather coat still fits (not exactly of todays fashion by I really don't care). I am hoping the carbs that were run on this engine, with K&N filters and a Kerker will be jetted somewhere in the neighborhood.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Wish me luck!!!!!!!!
    I am so ready to ride I could just about ..........
    Thanks.

Sorry, no pics. but exaust gaskets on e-bay most all the time, $8.00 per set
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

A good resource may be something like Alpha-sports.com for the diagrams. Helpful in the way things fit together
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

If you dont mind being a little more specific i will shoot some pics of my bike for ya...

Comment

I can help, too. but I don't have fairings. Here's a link to some pics.... if you need anything specific let me know. I also have the factory manual.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Like Tallyhoe, I'll take pictures of whatever. With 4 11e's and 2
            1150es in various state of assembly, I should be able to get most of what you need

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
              I can help, too. but I don't have fairings. Here's a link to some pics.... if you need anything specific let me know. I also have the factory manual.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...bruce/GS1150E/

You know looking at those photos..........all I can say is..................DAMN\\/ \\/ \\/
              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
              2000 Kawasaki Concours
              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Crag,
                Been paying better attn to whats going on here and actually checked my PM's.... I noticed you sent me a message about this some time ago. Your just around the corner from me! If you want we could get together so you could go over my bike in person. Is you r bike in pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by tallyhoe View Post
                  Crag,
                  Been paying better attn to whats going on here and actually checked my PM's.... I noticed you sent me a message about this some time ago. Your just around the corner from me! If you want we could get together so you could go over my bike in person. Is you r bike in pieces?
                  Not a problem.
                  Actually got it figured out over the winter and almost back on the road. Just have to do the minor tune-up things,valves adjusted,carbs synch....
                  Now if I could just find enough time
                  Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                  2000 Kawasaki Concours
                  Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I had a good idea I would end up with some help. This is an incredible site.
                    Renobruce, nice pictures, awesome bike. It looks like the thing was rolled off the showroom floor and then the pictures were taken. They are exactly what the doctor ordered. I am putting an 86 together.
                    I will get some pictures taken and get them posted. With any luck the engine should go into the chassis tomorrow night. The exhaust gaskets (from e-bay). should be here by Firday or Saturday.
                    All I need to do is figure out if I want to use the Hindle (?) the Kerker (4 into 2) or the brand new Vance and Hines. I scrounged up an old set of gauges to check the carbs. I would assume a fresh set of plugs won't be too hard to come by.
                    The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the rear set pegs. I have never ridden any distance in that position and can only hope my OLD knees won't object to it.

Thanks to all of you GS heads. I will take pictures of the whole process.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastrip View Post
                      I had a good idea I would end up with some help. This is an incredible site.
                      Renobruce, nice pictures, awesome bike. It looks like the thing was rolled off the showroom floor and then the pictures were taken. They are exactly what the doctor ordered. I am putting an 86 together.
                      I will get some pictures taken and get them posted. With any luck the engine should go into the chassis tomorrow night. The exhaust gaskets (from e-bay). should be here by Firday or Saturday.
                      All I need to do is figure out if I want to use the Hindle (?) the Kerker (4 into 2) or the brand new Vance and Hines. I scrounged up an old set of gauges to check the carbs. I would assume a fresh set of plugs won't be too hard to come by.
                      The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the rear set pegs. I have never ridden any distance in that position and can only hope my OLD knees won't object to it.

Thanks to all of you GS heads. I will take pictures of the whole process.
                      Glad I could help. Let me know if you need any close-ups.
                      As far as the foot pegs... I'm 6'2", and also have "old knees". The riding position is not bad, although I think the 1150 cockpit is better suited for shorter people. I can go around 100 miles before I feel the need to get off the bike for awhile.
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
                      X