oil p light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil p light

after ive been riding for about 30-45 mins, if i pull in the clutch the red oil p light comes on briefly, and i just noticed if the bike is engaged in gear and running below 2500 rpm the red light comes on as well, but once i pull the clutch in after the initial blink it goes out. is it normal for the light to pop on briefly after the bike warms up

also, all 4 cylinders heat up but ive noticed when riding that my left leg feels significantly hotter. at first i thought it was the direction of the wind, but in my last 4 or 5 rides (which have been the only long rides ive ever ridden on this bike) my left leg is definately warmer than my right.

any suggestions?

Ok not to be sarcastic but is there enough oil in it? I've never had this happen to me on the bike but the same thing happend to the work truck when the oil gets to low. As for the left side being hotter thenthe right, check the plugs see if their all buring the same. Maybe the left isn't hotter but the right is colder. just a thought.

Comment

yeah i just put oil in it when i got it, and it was actually a little high, and ill check the plugs, thanks

Comment

My 450 has been running a little warm too. I 've been leaning toward clogged oil passages and kicking around the idea of running oil flush before my next oil change.
        1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
        The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

It could be the oil pres switch 2V roller motors only run 5-10 PSI of oil pressure. Light comes on 1.5 psi? The oil cooler could be causing the light to flicker, I personally wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure to use a good quality 10/40 oil. Check make sure all 4 ex pipes are hot.
          If it worries you ? Remove the pan & clean the oil pickup, remove the clutch- remove oil pump & replace O rings Consider replacing the oil pump gears w/ 4V gears- Turns the pump faster 15% ?
          Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2007, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X